Homemade Salsa with FOX 21’s William Seay
Cooking Connection: Fresh Salsa Recipe
DULUTH, Minn. -As football season continues, and hockey and basketball season begin, it’s the perfect time of year to make recipes many folks can munch on.
So, for this week’s Cooking Connection, FOX 21’s William Seay made his homemade salsa.
- 1 28 oz. can whole tomatoes, peeled, unsalted
- 1/2 red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 jalapenos, sliced (no seeds for non-spicy, include seeds for an added kick)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, add all the dense ingredients first – tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, garlic and cilantro. Give the mix a couple quick pulses in the processor to blend the main ingredients. Add the rest of the “optional” ingredients, and then blend to desired consistency. Save the rest of the lime juice and drizzle over chips before serving.