Gearing Up for Cold Weather
Active Adventures: Proper Dressing for Frigid Temperatures
DULUTH, Minn. – Below average temperatures have been keeping the Northland cold throughout the week.
For this week’s Active Adventures, FOX 21’s William Seay got advice for dressing for the cold weather.
Eve Graves told William how to dress if he’s interested in skiing, jogging, or doing some other active activity in frigid temperatures.
Graves tells FOX 21, “there’s no such thing as bad weather, there’s just bad dressing.”
She says it’s important to layer.
- Bottom Half:
- Start with thin layer like long underwear. Tip: not polypropylene
- Follow with lined wind pants
- Top Half
- Wear a thin, non-cotton layer on your top half
- Follow that with a fleece layer
- Next, wear a wind breaker layer
- Don’t wear cotton
- Use foot warmers or toe heaters
- Spikes prevent ice falls
- Wear a gater to stay warm
- Wear goggles for eye protection
- Face Saver can protect nose and cheek
- Wear a sweater band
- Follow with a thin hat if needed
- Wear mittens, not gloves
- Use Hand warmers
If you’d like to purchase Lungs Plus, head to lungplususa.com.
If you’d like to purchase Warm Skin, head to warmskin.com.