On Tuesday, September 13, 2016, around 9:30 a.m., the Eveleth Police Department and other units were dispatched to 509 Polk Avenue regarding a male and female found down on the garage floor.
Upon arrive, an adult male was found deceased on the garage floor, and an adult female was found on the garage floor, breathing, but unresponsive.
The female was transported to the Virginia Essentia Emergency Room and airlifted a short time later to the Hennepin County Medical Center for possible carbon monoxide poisoning, where she later passed away.
There were no indications of trauma on either the male or female victims.
The victims (husband and wife) have been identified as 67-year-old David John Stickney and 63-year-old Shelby Jean Stickney.
The incident remains under investigation and autopsy results are pending for the male victim.
The Eveleth Police and Fire Departments remind the public of the importance to have properly installed and working carbon monoxide detectors within your home and garages especially coming into the fall and winter heating season.