If you’re hosting a holiday party this season, don’t let the stress and worry stop you from having fun.
Mary Carlson, Owner of Pure Event Planning and Design located in Duluth visited FOX 21 Local News Thursday morning to offer some holiday hosting tips.
1. Make a budget and stick to it. Involve your guests. Don’t feel bad about asking them to bring something to the party.
2. Don’t reinvent the wheel. Utilize online resources, such as Pinterest and other helpful sites where you can find creative ideas.
3. Cook ahead of time. Soups and stews are good choices to make, because the can be prepared ahead of time.
4. Set up a self-serve cocktail bar. Whether it’s alcoholic or non-alcoholic. Also, set up a specialty drink to offer your guests.
5. Keep guests moving and having fun. Set up a decorate your own cookie bar, or a fun, create your own Christmas card making station.
For more tips, check out Pure Event Planning and Design online, or call Mary at 1 (651) 206-0203.