Home > Smoke Awakens Family of Three, Leaves Home Uninhabitable
Smoke Awakens Family of Three, Leaves Home Uninhabitable
FOX 21 News, KQDS-DT
Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 10:09pm
Duluth, MN, USA -
SUPERIOR - A fire startled a Superior neighborhood with sirens and awakened a family of three after they smelled smoke on Saturday morning.
The Superior Fire Department said it happened around 9:00 a.m. at 5712 John Avenue.
The family is now living with local relatives but the damage from their uninhabitable home will cost them $20,000.
Officials and it was caused by old electrical wiring.
“This time of year, it's real important to keep in mind your heating sources. Whether it’s a furnace, whether it’s a boiler, whether it’s a wood stove, electric. They all can cause problems anything that burns gas, or propane or fuel, they have to be checked properly. If they are not burning efficiently, that’s when you have CO problems,” said Scott Gordon, Battalion Chief of the Superior Fire Department.