Chicken Coop Catches Fire in Duluth, Causes Extreme Damage
Fire Causes Damage at East Duluth Home
Shortly after midnight, on January 15th, the Duluth Fire Department was dispatched to 3531 E. 4th. St., for a report of a chicken coop on fire.
The first arriving fire company stated that this fire was escalating rapidly and was impinging heavily on
This coop was located right up against the western side of the house.
When the Assistant Chief arrived on scene, there was heavy smoke on the bravo or west side of the house, with heavy smoke coming from the roof eaves.
Fire crews used hose lines to advance into the building to start their attack.
Roof ventilation was completed, with a heavy volume of flame exiting from the roof vent hole.
Fire crews inside, battled the fire, trying to search for hidden fire that remained throughout the structure.
The fire was eventually extinguished, with the loss of all the chickens and two cats.
Heavy fire and water damage was sustained throughout the house, there were no occupants home at the time of this fire.
The Fire Marshal responded to the scene, and it was determined that a heat source inside of the chicken coop, was the cause of this fire.
Twenty one firefighters responded to this fire.
There were no injuries to Firefighters.
Minnesota Power was called to the scene to deal with downed wires.
Damage is estimated to be in excess of $500,000