Ironwood Family Loses Four Pets in Fire

Family Loses Home in Ironwood Fire

A family in Ironwood has lost all of their pets after a fire.

The fire started around 8 p.m. Sunday on the 200 Block of Southwest Street.

Upon arrival authorities saw smoke coming from the house.

The homeowner said the fire started in the wood stove in the basement and the basement was engulfed in flames when she opened the door to it.

Officials said the sub–zero temperatures and construction issues with the building were challenges to firefighters.

Categories: Life-imported, Michigan-imported, News-imported, Pets-imported