Fire Destroys Group Home in Saginaw

One Sent to Hospital

Sorry, this video is no longer available

Firefighters were called to the scene of a fire at a group home in Saginaw shortly after 1 p.m. Friday. 

The house, located at 5003 Munger Shaw Road, is a residence for people with traumatic brain injuries.

Authorities said a staff member and client were home when the fire broke out, and the client locked himself inside of his bedroom.

The client was taken to the hospital to be checked out for smoke inhalation and had some smudges on his face.

The house is a total loss.

The State Fire Marshall and St. Louis County Sheriff’s Office are investigating.

Categories: Minnesota-imported, News-imported, St. Louis County MN-imported