Moose Lake Breaks Ground on New School

New School Will be Ready in 2017

Sorry, this video is no longer available

It’s official, Moose Lake is getting a new school.

A ceremonial groundbreaking was held at the site of the future school, Saturday. 

Officials say a new school was needed for nearly 40 years.

That’s why the 2012 flood may have been a blessing in disguise for the Carlton County community.

The Moose Lake school was damaged so severely during that flood, that the state legislature agreed to cover 60 percent of the costs for a new school if residents would cover the remaining 40 percent.

Construction for the new school is scheduled to begin in August and wrap up in time for the 2017-2018 school year.  

Categories: Community-imported, Education-imported