Roundabout to Open Early in Superior
Round About to Open Next Week in Superior
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northwest Region is pleased to announce the roundabout at the base of the Bong Bridge will be opening to traffic next week.
Favorable weather this season has allowed for the contractor to complete this portion of the overall Bong Bridge project ahead of schedule.
Plans are to open it to traffic on Friday, Aug. 14.
With the exception of the eastbound US 2 Bong Bridge traffic that is still detoured until Nov. 1, 2015, the roundabout will essentially be fully operational.
A few things motorists should keep in mind to navigate through the roundabout:
• Traffic circulates counterclockwise in the roundabout
• Traffic must yield to vehicles within the roundabout before entering
• Wait for a safe gap in traffic before entering
• Drivers should obey the signs and markings to select the proper lane before entering the roundabout.
• Traffic should not change lanes in the roundabout.