One Injured in Hibbing Dorm Room Grease Fire

One person was injured after a grease fire in a dorm room in Hibbing. 

The Hibbing Fire Department responded to the fire around 4:00 Thursday night. 

A student was cooking with oil on the stove when the pan caught fire.  

They unsuccessfully tried to extinguish the flames, and placed the pan in the shower. Once water hit the oil, there was a flash grease fire setting off the sprinkler system in the bathroom. 

The fire was put out by the sprinkler. 

The student was taken to Hibbing Hospital and treated for minor burns to his left hand. 

Damages to the building are estimated at $10,000. 

Categories: Community-imported, News-imported, Police-imported