Authorities Warn Homeowners About Electrical Fires Due to Decorations

Garage, Vehicles Total Loss

The St. Louis County Sheriff’s Office is reminding homeowners of the importance of checking all electrical holiday decorations.

It’s all because of a fire in Canosia Township at 4774 Ugstad Road Friday morning.

Authorities believe the fire started from Christmas lights on a detached garage that are on a timer.

The fire engulfed that garage and quickly moved to the home.

The garage is a total loss, along with two vehicles and a boat.

There was major damage to the home, but it is not a total loss.

The homeowner, family and family dog were all outside and there were no injuries reported.

Categories: Community-imported, Fire and Rescue-imported, News-imported