One Dead from Suspected CO Poisoning in Leech Lake; Three Others Treated

One person was found dead in an ice fishing house Sunday on Walker Bay of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.  

Police say three others in the fish house were treated for symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning as well. 

The Cass County Sheriff’s Office responded to Walker Bay around 4:35 Sunday afternoon on reports of a medical emergency. 

When authorities arrived, they found one man dead and three others experiencing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. 

An autopsy has been scheduled for the  man who died to determine an official cause of death.  

One man was taken to St. Joseph’s Hospital in Park Rapids before being transported to Hennepin County Medical Center. 

The two others were treated on scene and released. 

The names of the men are being withheld pending notification of family. 

Police say propane devices being used to heat the fish house were not ventilated and led to high levels of carbon monoxide inside the structure. 

Categories: News-imported, Police-imported