Fire Destroys Mobile Home

A fire destroyed a mobile home in Rice Lake Township Tuesday morning. 

Authorities responded to the home at 4477 Ridgeview Road on reports of a fire around 9:30 Tuesday morning. 

Jerome Norman, the owner of the trailer, told police that he had been heating the trailer with several electric space heaters. 

According to Norman, the circuit breaker tripped, and soon after he smelled smoke and called 911.  

Norman and his dog escaped the mobile home unharmed. 

The trailer has been deemed a total loss. 

Categories: News-imported, Police-imported