Pappardelle Puttanesca with Bellisio’s Italian Restaurant
Cooking Connection: Pappardelle Puttanesca
For this week’s Cooking Connection we made a classic Italian dish with Bellisio’s Italian Restaurant.
Chad Blomquist, Senior Sous Chef, showed William Seay how to make Pappardelle Puttanesca.
For more information on the restaurant, head to bellisios.com.
-Pappardelle pasta 8 oz.
-Marinara Sauce 8 oz.
-Capers 1 Tblsp.
-Anchovy filets 3 ea.
-Garlic chopped 1.5 Tblsp.
-Oregano (dry) 1/2 tsp.
-Red pepper flakes 1 pinch
-Kalamata Olives (chopped) 1 Tblsp.
-Olive oil 1 oz.
-Butter salted (soft) 1 Tblsp
-Salt (kosher) 1 pinch
-Black pepper 1 pinch
-Italian Parsley (fresh) 1 Tblsp.
-Shrimp 31/40 count 6 oz.
1. Preheat saute pan over meduim high heat.
2. When the pan is hot, add the olive oil and shrimp
3. Cook the shrimp half way turning them over once.
4. Add the marinara, garlic and anchovies. Dissolve the anchovies into the marinara
5. When the anchovies have dissolved, add the red pepper flakes, black pepper, oregano and salt. Toss the combine.
6. Allow the sauce mixture to reduce to spoon sec over medium heat and add the capers, olives and pasta.
7. Remove from the heat and mount the mixture with the soft butter, toss to coat.
8. Mound mixture in desired dish and garnish with fresh parsley.