Fire Causes $30,000 in Damage to Superior Apartment Complex

A fire late Monday night caused $30,000 in damages to an apartment building in Superior. 

The Superior Fire Department responded to the fire at 2822 John Avenue around 10:30 Monday night. 

When crews arrived, they saw smoke billowing out of one of the main floor exits. 

Firefighters entered an apartment on the first floor to find the kitchen on fire. 

The fire was put out quickly and efforts turned to confirming that everyone in the eight apartment complex had evacuated. 

Tenants were allowed back in around midnight after crews worked to clear the building of smoke. 

The person living in the apartment where the fire started was displaced and is receiving assistance from the Red Cross. 

No one was injured in the fire. 

Authorities say the cause was determined to be careless use of cooking materials. 

Categories: News-imported, Police-imported