Gilbert House Catches Fire Sunday

A fire in northern St. Louis County was partially put out by the homeowner.

The St. Louis County Sheriff’s Office responded to a house fire Sunday night on the 6200 block of Red Pine Dr. in Gilbert, Minnesota. 

The residents were home at the time of the fire. 

The homeowner was able to extinguish the visible flames prior to the arrival of the fire department.

The fire department got the call at 7:37 p.m. Sunday. 

The residence sustained substantial damage to an exterior wall and roof. 

The fire appears to be the result of an electrical issue, but the fire remains under investigation by the St. Louis County Sheriff’s Office. 

Categories: Community-imported, Fire and Rescue-imported, News-imported