Owner, Dog Rescued from Duluth Townhouse Fire

A woman and her dog are lucky to be alive after being rescued from a fire at a Duluth townhouse on Saturday morning. 

The Duluth Fire Department responded to the fire just before 8 a.m. on Saturday.  Upon arrival, crews learned there was a person still inside of the home. 

Fire crews entered the home and located the person in the rear of the house.  The patient was taken to a local hospital and treated for smoke inhalation. 

Authorities also found a dog and a cat during a secondary search of the home.  The dog was given oxygen and transported to a local vet.  The cat escaped the home. 

The fire caused around $7,000 in damages to the home. 

The Fire Department says the cause of the fire was determined to be improper disposal of cigarette butts.  

Categories: News-imported, Police-imported