Cooking Oil Causes Fire At Apartment Building

Total Damage Not Yet Determined

A Mountain Iron apartment building caught fire Wednesday afternoon just after 1 p.m.

St. Louis County authorities say the building located at 8521 Raintree Drive was filled with smoke and all residents had been evacuated when deputies arrived.

Investigators say cooking oil over heated, and started on fire causing significant damage to the apartment.

The total damage has not been determined at this time.

Categories: Fire and Rescue-imported, News-imported