Superior Fire Department Talks About Ways to Prevent House Fires
Fires on the rise, as heating sources are in more frequent use
Firefighters in Superior say that they have noticed an uptick in house fires.
They say these fires are caused primarily by heating sources.
With winter temperatures quickly approaching, firefighters urge you to check your furnace, boilers, wood stoves and keep your chimney clean.
Scott Gordon, the Superior Battalion Chief, said “Have a working smoke detector with working batteries so many times people have one and not the other.”
It is also important to have an emergency escape plan.