Difficult Driving Conditions Reported Throughout Northland
MnDOT advises motorists to slow down and use extra caution
The Minnesota Department of Transportation advises motorists traveling in northeastern Minnesota to slow down and use extra caution.
MnDOT plows are out in full-force however, snow, ice, and compaction can cause a recently-plowed road to become slippery again very quickly.
Snow plow operators are doing their part to make highways safe.
MnDOT urges motorists to remember to:
• Check road conditions at www.511mn.org or call 511; it takes time to get roads back to good driving conditions.
• Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip.
• Stay back at least five car lengths behind the plow, far from the snow cloud.
• Stay alert for snowplows that turn or exit frequently and often with little warning. They may also travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
• Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions. Snowplows typically move at slower speeds.