Crafting Cream Puffs with The Exchange
Cooking Connection: The Exchange Deli, Bakery & Catering
DULUTH, Minn. – For this week’s Cooking Connection Lisa Quarles, the pastry chef at The Exchange Bakery, showed the FOX 21 crew the ropes in the kitchen.
Quarles showed FOX 21’s William Seay how to make cream puffs.
Quarles says these are perfect sweets to impress your friends with at parties.
- Add 1 cup of water to pan on stove
- Add 1/2 cup of butter
- Boil them together
- Add 1 cup of flour all at once to the mixture on low heat
- Add 1/8 tsp. of salt
- Pour in mixer
- Add 4 eggs while mixing
- Mix vigorously until dough is stringy
- Once ready bake dough for 25-35 minutes at 325 degrees
- After taking them out of the oven, cut in half and add whip cream
- Top with powdered sugar
The Exchange Bakery is located at 301 West 1st Street, Duluth, MN 55802.
Their phone number is 218-727-8836.
Find them online at www.theexchangecateringanddeli.com.