Baking a Roasted Pear with Salted Caramel Sauce
Cooking Connection: A.G. Thomson House
DULUTH, Minn. – For this week’s Cooking Connection we cooked with the A.G. Thomson House.
The A.G. Thomson House was built in 1909 in Duluth and now serves as a Bed and Breakfast.
Tim and Angie Allen own the establishment and do all the cooking for guests.
For this week’s Cooking Connection we made a Roasted Pear with a Salted Caramel Sauce.
- Slice pear, remove core, place in pan
- Add tablespoon of butter to pear
Salted Caramel Sauce:
- Add 4 tablespoon of butter to pan
- Add 1 cup brown sugar
- Add 1 cup of cream and whisk mixture
- Add sea salt to taste (about 1 teaspoon)
- Add amaretto
Cinnamon Nutmeg Mascarpone:
- Add dash of cinnamon to mascarpone cream
- Add touch of fresh nutmeg
- Make Salted Caramel Sauce and drizzle over pears. Put pears in oven at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes. When pears are finished baking, add mascarpone cream to pears.
The A.G. Thomson House is located at 2617 East Third Street, Duluth, MN 55812-1944 and can be reached at (218) 724-3464.