Apartment Dryer Fire Displaces Residents

Fire happened in the 100 block of West Railroad Drive N in Biwabik

GILBERT, Minn. – A small apartment fire has temporarily displaced residents in eight apartments in Biwabik, according to the Gilbert Police Department.

Upon arrival at the complex in the 100 block of West Railroad Drive North, officers located a small fire in the laundry room of the complex. All residents were evacuated and no injuries have been reported.

The cause of the fire has been determined to have started inside of a dryer, according to the Minnesota Fire Marshal’s Office. Preliminary investigations show light to moderate smoke damage occurred within eight of the 16 apartments.

The American Red Cross responded to the incident and provided services to approximately 30 residents. Residents from the eight apartments will temporarily be displaced until repairs and clean up are completed.

 

 

Categories: News, News – Latest News, Public Safety