Duluth Utility and Road Improvement Projects Update
DULUTH, Minn. – The City of Duluth has been working on several utility and road improvement projects.
The City has shared their progress on major on-going projects.
West Michigan Street Utility Upgrades:
- Phase one of the project is expected to be complete by next week.
- The street will remain closed through 4th of July weekend while new concrete is curing. Five concrete panels will need to be replaced in the future between 3rd Avenue West and 5th Avenue West.
- Phase two is expected to get underway on July 17.
4th Street Reconstruction
- June 22 and 23, 4th Street will be closed to through traffic between Woodland Avenue and 23rd Avenue East as crews grind the existing pavement into gravel.
- Late next week, water and gas main work will between between 21st and 23rd Avenues East – 4th will be closed at this time
- 21st Avenue intersection will remain open until August
- Traffic is anticipated to be open to traffic next week
4th Street Gas Main Improvements between Wallace Ave and Hawthorne Road
- Remains closed to east bound traffic
- The City is requesting that motorists stay clear of the work zone, as contractors have experienced dangerous encounters with motorists who are driving very close to the work zone
- Total road closure will take place on Friday, June 23, for approximately three days
48th Ave East
- Gas main is fully installed, but crews have identified pipe damage under the Lakewalk and continue to have the area closed
- The Lakewalk Trail will be reopened with a gravel surface on June 22 – repaving is expect to take place after the 4th of July
24th Ave West
- The street patching project is expected to be finished next week, weather permitting.
- Wet ground conditions have delayed concrete pouring