Creating Creamy and Savory Pork Tenderloin Medallions with JJ Astor
Cooking Connection: JJ Astor
DULUTH, Minn. – JJ Astor, the revolving restaurant in the Radisson in Duluth, has hired a new Executive Chef and is creating an updated menu.
The new Executive Chef and Director of Food and Beverage, Bob Boyd, joined FOX 21 in the kitchen for this week’s Cooking Connection.
This week Boyd showed FOX 21’s Natalie Froistad how to make Roasted Pork Tenderloin Medallions with a mushroom cream sauce.
PORK TENDERLOIN MEDALLIONS:
- Bake or grill pork tenderloin medallions
- season with olive oil, salt, and pepper
- cook in oven 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, or grill
- Slice mushrooms
- Slice onions
- Add onions and mushrooms to pan with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Add chicken stock
- Add sliced pork tenderloins and more chicken stock to pan
- Add fresh rosemary
- Add fresh thyme
- Add heavy whipping cream
- Add thickening agent to mixture (Boyd used corn starch/water mix)
- Garnish with fresh sliced apples
JJ Astor Restaurant and Lounge is located in the Radisson at 505 W Superior St, Duluth, MN 55802.
They can be reached at (218) 722-8439 and visited online at jjastorsrestaurant.com.