Roof Catches Fire in Duluth

DULUTH, Minn. – A fire broke out on Friday on the roof of a home at 34th Avenue East and East First Street in Duluth.

According to the fire department, the fire was contained to an area close to the chimney. It was put out quickly and no one was injured.

“All because of whoever was passing by saw some smoke on that roofline right away,” said Captain Mark Herman of the Duluth Fire Department. “It was a quick response, quick reporting and the quick response that put it out quick.”

Fire officials recommend getting chimneys cleaned once per year to avoid accidents.

Categories: News, News – Latest News, Public Safety