Traffic Advisory for Christmas City of the North Parade
DULUTH, Minn. – The Duluth Police Department has issued a traffic advisory for Friday, Nov. 17 for the Christmas City of the North Parade in downtown Duluth.
The parade will get underway at 6:25 p.m. and utilize 13 block of Superior Street from 9th Ave E to 4th Ave W.
Units will begin lining up at 4 p.m. along London Road between 10th and 14th Avenues E, and on the upperside of London from 14th to 17th Ave E.
- London Road from 10th – 14th Avenues East
- Superior Street
- Michigan Street – Vehicles will be allowed to exit Michigan Street lots and ramps, but will be directed down the 5th Ave W off-ramp
- After 10 a.m. – five meters in front of Pickwick near Superior St on the East side.
- After noon – Meters on the upper side of Fitger’s Inn
- After 3 p.m.
- London Road – both sides from 10th-14th Avenues E
- London Road – upper side, from 14th to 17th Avenues E
- 12th and 13th Ave E from London Rd to Superior St
- Jefferson Street from 13th to 14th Ave E
- Rose Garden Parking Lot
- After 4 p.m. – Michigan Street from 5th Ave W to 4th Ave W
- After 5 p.m. – Superior Street from 10th Ave E to 5th Ave W
- Will use 1st Street to Westbound routes and 2nd Street for Eastbound routes
- Superior St Eastbound traffic will be detoured up to 2nd Street at 6th Ave W to continue East
- Superior St Westbound traffic will be sent up 14th Ave E from London Road and up 10th Ave E from Superior Street to continue West
- Lake Avenue will be blocked off at 1st Street and at freeway ramps on the Lake Ave Viaduct
- Access to Canal Park, Park Point, and the DECC will be accessible from 5th Ave W to the connector to Railroad Street and from the freeway exits onto 5th Ave W and South Lake Ave
Free parking is being offered after 5 p.m. for the event. For ramp locations click here
Downtown traffic is expected to return to normal around 8:30 p.m. Drivers are urged to use caution when traveling in the area of this event.