Creating Chicken Saltimbocca
Cooking Connection: JJ Astor
DULUTH, Minn. – A Duluth restaurant is cooking up a new menu.
JJ Astor has hired a new Food and Beverage Director, Bob Boyd, who is working on spicing up the menu.
For this week’s Cooking Connection, Boyd showed FOX 21’s William Seay how to create Chicken Saltimbocca.
- Place chicken breast skin side down on plastic wrap
- Place fresh sage and prosciutto on top of chicken
- Place plastic on top of chicken
- Pound chicken
- Remove plastic
- Lightly flour chicken breast
- Brown in pan with olive oil
- When browned, cook fully in oven (to 165 degrees)
- Heat half a stick of butter in pan
- Add cream and mix
- Add fresh lemon juice
- Add a hint of fresh parmesan
- Pour over cooked chicken breast
JJ Astor Restaurant and Lounge is located in the Radisson at 505 W Superior St, Duluth, MN 55802.
They can be reached at (218) 722-8439 and visited online at jjastorsrestaurant.com.