Gov. Dayton Authorizes Over $2.1M in Disaster Aid for St. Louis County

ST. PAUL, Minn. – Governor Mark Dayton authorized an estimated $2,126,130 in relief for St. Louis County after the devastating October storm that ripped through the region.

The first major winter storm on Oct. 27 brought significant damages to Park Point, the Duluth Lakewalk, and Brighton Beach, as well as other areas.

Aid from the State Disaster Assistance Contingency Account will reimburse the county for public infrastructure and clean-up costs.

Under Minnesota law, the state will reimburse 75 percent of eligible costs for public infrastrucutre repairs and clean up with local governments responsible for the remaining 25 percent.

Click Here to read Gov. Dayton’s full letter.

Statement from Duluth Mayor Emily Larson:

“We received word that the County’s request for emergency assistance from the State has been approved by Governor Dayton in the amount of $2.12 million. The City of Duluth is appreciative of the partnership with St. Louis County to move forward this request in an expedited manner. We thank the Governor for his support as we repair and restore our city’s treasured spaces in which residents and visitors take great pride. City staff have worked hard since the October 27 storm and we are all committed to restoring our park amenities and infrastructure to their optimum state with a vision towards long term resiliency.”

Categories: Community, Minnesota, News, News – Latest News