Local Authors, Characters, to Read to Kids to Encourage Educational Success
DULUTH, Minn. – This weekend Northland children will get to hear from local authors and characters as part of a “Super Sweet Story Time.”
This is a day-long reading event hosted by A Sweet Event and Legacy Toys.
According to the owner of A Sweet Event, Peter Cpin, reading is the single most significant factor to influence a child’s early educational success.
The reading event will feature several different hourly readers from local authors, celebrities and characters, including FOX 21’s Natalie Froistad.
Kids will have a chance to author and illustrate their own mini book.
Each hour a limited amount of free kids books will be given away to those in attendance.
The event is being held Saturday, June 2 from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. in the Sears Court at the Miller Hill Mall.
Space is limited and a free ticket is needed for a guaranteed space in front of the stage per hour.
You can register for free tickets online.
A SUPER SWEET STORYTIME SCHEDULE:
- 1st Session: 10:00 a.m. – Legacy Toys story Hour w/ local Author Anne Stewart
- 2nd Session: 11:00 a.m. – Duluth Children’s Museum Engineering Hour
- 3rd Session: Noon –Fun, games & a visit from Tiki Tom.
- Discounted lunches in the food court as well.
- 4th Session: 1:00 p.m. – Celebrity Story Hour with Natalie from Fox
- 5th Session: 2:00 p.m. – Tinker-bell story time
- 6th Session: 3:00 p.m. – Legacy Toys Story Hour w/ local Author & Illustrator Kat M Allen
- 7th Session: 4:00 p.m. – Bentleyville Hour with Nathen Bentley and Guest