Fire Destroys Home in Lavell Township

The Cause of the Fire is Under Investigation

LAVELL TOWNSHIP, Minn. – Firefighters battled a house fire in Lavell Township Sunday evening that was believed to be started by a space heater in the basement of the home.

According to the St. Louis County Sheriff’s Office, 911 operators received a report of a house fire located at 9578 Zim Road around 4:38 p.m.

The lone occupant escaped the house without injury when the fire began and flagged down a passerby who called 911.

When fire crews arrived on scene flames were coming from the east side of the house and quickly consumed the entire residence.

Authorities say the occupant was using a space heater in the basement to warm the water lines.

The house is believed to be a total loss.

Categories: News, News – Latest News