Campsite Cooking: Quick, Easy Fiesta Chicken Packet Dinners
Cooking Connection: Fiesta Chicken Packet Dinners
Fiesta Chicken Packet Dinners
1 15 oz can black or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
½ cup Salsa of choice
1 ½ cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
½ cup chopped cilantro
2 teaspoons taco seasoning
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (6 oz each) or boneless pork chops
1 cup shredded cheese of choice
- Heat gas or charcoal briquettes on the grill. If cooking in an oven, heat the oven to 375F. Cut 4 sheets of heavy-duty foil 18×12 inches.
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, salsa, corn, cilantro, taco seasoning, and bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the chicken breasts between 4 packets, Top each breast with mixture.
- Bring up sides of foil and fold over making a ½ inch fold and fold again. Fold other sides to seal.
- Place on grill and cook 20 minutes, turning a half-turn halfway. If cooking in the oven cook for 35 minutes or until the temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove packs from oven or grill and open carefully, placing shredded cheese on top, let stand to melt.