Update: Job Posting For Chief Of Police Announced
The public meeting dates for in July have been announced.
DULUTH, Minn. — On July 1, the City of Duluth announced the job posting for the Chief of Police position opened up.
This position will be vacant due to Chief Mike Tusken retiring August 1.
The City of Duluth is looking for someone to provide strong and clear leadership to it’s police department. As well as ensure the health and safety to Duluth’s residents.
The hiring process steps are from a press release below.
- Job posting live on July 1, 2022
- 1st public meeting July 20; Where: Harrison Community Center, 3002 West Third Street; When: 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- 2nd public meeting July 26; Where: Portman Community Center, 4601 McCulloch Street; When: 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Job posting closes on July 31, 2022
- August – candidate review and interviews
- Early September – 3rd public meeting with finalist (or finalists); Where: West location; When: TBD and dependent on when there is a finalist (or finalists)
These meetings are to hear from the public about questions and feedback they have for the City.
Interim Police Chief will be announced in the upcoming weeks, according to a press release.
More details will be announced at a later date. To apply for the position, click here.