Sunday Update: Closed Roads in St. Louis County
DULUTH, MINN — The following is information from St. Louis County regarding closed roads.
This list was released at 5:00 p.m. Sunday afternoon.
St. Louis County Public Works has closed four more roads due to flooding issues, for a total of 11 newly closed roads today. One road, App Road near the Lake County border, was able to reopen this afternoon, bringing the total to five roads that have been able to re-open. Public Works crews continues to monitor road conditions throughout the county, while also working to plow snow from paved roads. The snow and rain have compounded issues caused by melting snow and rising water levels. A map showing current road closures, as well as other resources related to flooding, can be found at stlouiscountymn.gov/flood.
The following roads are currently closed due to unsafe conditions caused by high water. Closures that are new since the last update are labeled as such. Any roads that were closed but now reopened are shown with a strike through line.
District 4 (northern St. Louis County)
- NEW: Anton Road/County Road 492 from State Hwy 73 west to end of road
- Hayland Road/CR 969 from Hwy 21 to Forest Road/CR 969
- Pike Rd/CR 365 from Hwy 21 to Taylor Road/CR 303
- Kaunonen Lake Road/CR 796 from Hwy 21 to Salo Road/CR 615
- Waisanen Road/CR 362 from Palo Tia/CR 558 to Hwy 21
- Murray Road/CR 931 from Hwy 22 to Gustafson Road/CR 931
District 5 (Duluth and surrounding townships)
- NEW: Pine Drive from Fond Du Lac Sand and Gravel to Anderson Road
- Two Harbors Road from Culbertson to Hill Road
- Seville Road between Vibert Road and Hwy 33
- Seville Road between Caribou Lake and Solway Roads
- Caribou Lake Road between Hwy 194 and Seville Road
- Munger Shaw Road between Seville Road and Hwy 53
- Rose Road between Caribou Lake Road west to end of road
- Castle Road between Schultz and McCumber Roads
- West Lismore Road between Lavaque Road west to end of road
- Hwy 8 between Hwy 33 and South MacArthur Road
- Paupores Road between Nygard Road and Hwy 2
- North MacArthur Road between Shipley and Birch Roads
- St. Louis River Road between Erickson and Ikola Roads
District 6 (Central St. Louis County including quad cities)
- NEW: Bodas Road/Hwy 95 from Long Lake Road/CR 390 to McKinley Road/CR 336
- NEW: South Barker Road/CR 335 from Bodas Road/Hwy 95 to Box Elder Road/CR 342
- Hwy 49/Three Lakes Road from Munger Shaw Road to 2 miles east.
- Allavus Road/CR 592 from 9398 Allavus Road to Macon Road/CR 313
- Gavin Road bridge crossing Mud Hen Creek, 1.2 miles south of Hwy 16 to a quarter mile south of West Williams Road
- Hwy 15/Munger Shaw Rod from Tanttu Road to Correction Line Road
- Lindstrom Road between Hwy 52/Comstrock Lake Road and Randall Road
- Hwy 15/Munger Shaw Road, half mile south of Comstock Lake Road
- South Loon Lake Road near Aurora
- Hwy 83/Carlson Road, 2.5 miles west of County Road 213/McDavitt Road
- Hwy 28/Sax Road, 1.2 miles west of Hwy 207/Stickney Road
- County Road 979/Linstrom Road, half mile north of Comstock Lake Road
District 7 (Southwestern St. Louis County)
- Hwy 29 at Stremmel Road
- Creek Road/CR 196 from approximately .5 miles to 1 mile south of Hwy 133
- Hwy 81 from about a mile west of Hwy 5 to Power Road
- County Road 226 approximately 1.4 miles north of Hwy 133
- Hwy 63 west of Hibbing by the Scranton Iron entrance
- CR 442 between Hingley and Bunker Roads
- Stickney Road approximately 1 mile north of Hwy 52 near Meadowlands
Highway 29 north of Meadowlands remains closed due to poor condition. This gravel road had been part of the designated detour route while the Highway 133 bridge across the Whiteface River is being rebuilt. The new recommended detour will direct motorists to use Highways 7, 27 and 5.
Numerous other roads have signs posted warning of water covering part of the road. In these instances, roads may be down to one lane, but are still considered passable.
Roads will be re-opened as they are determined safe.