Virginia Fire Department

Fatal Eveleth House Fire Victim Identified, Neighborhood Mourns

77-year-old Bonnie Mae Phinney was trapped in the house as it burned to the ground.

EVELETH, Minn.- The identity of a 77-year-old woman who died in a house fire in Eveleth Tuesday morning has been released. Several area fire departments responded to a structure fire on North Court, after a woman called saying she was unable to get out. “Me and my wife were talking about when the reports were coming in that her body…

Several Northlanders Hospitalized from Possible Carbon Monoxide Exposure

Several Northlanders were hospitalized due to possible exposure, some were airlifted into Duluth.

VIRGINIA, Minn.- Seven Northlanders on the Iron Range are in the hospital after possible carbon monoxide exposure. The owner of the residence where this happened says three people live in the home and four others were visiting. Their condition has not been released Sunday. Fire Department Officials say it’s important for people to be educated about this silent killer. The…