Duluth police reveal new evidence in Feb. 10 fatal shootings
DULUTH, Minn. — Duluth police released new information Wednesday involving two fatal shootings that occurred Feb. 10.
Investigators with the Duluth Police Department said they have additional evidence to connect the two incidents.

Screen grab of dashcam video from Feb 10, 2026 Deputy Involved Shooting. After the PIT maneuver as deputies approach vehicle
(St. Louis County Sheriff's Office)
According to the department’s public information officer, Mattie Hjelseth, the man shot and killed on Piedmont Avenue, Darius Handy, 33, of Duluth, got into a verbal argument earlier in the day with Donald Felver, 30, of Duluth, who was killed in a shootout with St. Louis County sheriff’s deputies hours later on Grand Avenue.
A black Chevy Tahoe that police said was involved in the killing of Handy is registered to Felver.
Officers executed a search warrant on the Tahoe and recovered multiple shell casings that are believed to be the same shell casings found in a different vehicle Felver was driving during the deputy-involved shooting, according to police.
The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension ruled with “high confidence” that the casings at both crime scenes are from the same firearm. A firearm was recovered from the seat of the vehicle Felver was shot and killed.
Duluth police are waiting on additional forensic testing with the ATF to confirm the ballistic match.
Previous Story: Video of fatal deputy-involved shooting in Duluth released




